Friday, August 04, 2006

What to do...

So it's Friday (yay!), but I'm relaxing at home typing this blog on my couch. In order to equalize the number of holidays people get in the company, IBM gives employees in Ontario a 4-day instead of 3-day long weekend during the long weekends that happen during the summer (Canada Day, Civic Day, Labour Day). So while everyone else who don't work at IBM are stuck in their offices, I'm relaxing and chilling at home (ha ha...suckers!). It's funny though; when there isn't a holiday, there's so much that needs to be done, but when the holiday comes, I'm dumbfounded to find something to do. I feel like it's such a long day, so what should I do first or I'll do -task1-, -task2- etc, later.

I just finished lunch and speaking of lunch, I had pasta in tomato sauce with some green, yellow peppers, button mushrooms, lean turkey sausages, zucchini and splashes of tobasco sauce. Mmmm.....and made by none other than Gloria last night for me. =D She's becoming quite the chef now (Sorry for the quality, the picture was taken with my phone).

I've got two things on my to do list for my day off - clean and change the water in the fish tank, and to wash/wax my car. Cleaning and changing the fish tank didn't take too long, maybe around 45 minutes. Washing and waxing my car will take like 5 hours though and on top of that, I've got to wait until it's a little more cooler in the day. So in the meantime, what do I do? Do I go to the mall? (I don't have anything in particular to buy) Do I go to do grocery shopping? (err...Gloria and I are supposed to do that later) Do I watch TV? (Nothing but soaps are on) Do I play Final Fantasy X? (Hmm....maybe) Do I watch the last few episodes of Gundam Seed Destiny? (Hmmmm.....another maybe) Do I go cut the grass? (It's so hot out at this hour and the grass isn't that long) Do I clean the house? (It's not that dirty)

What to do.....what to do....what to do...???

4 comments:

Andrew said...

lol... you could have called me, I wasn't doing anything at home either ;)

Edmlee said...

wow, 4 days? u guys are so lucky... i'm missing out another long weekend tim. Damn, wish i was in TO; we could've gone play basketball or baseball :)

Keith said...

Andrew - Ha ha, I ended up washing the fish tank, mowing the lawn and washing/waxing my car. I wasn't done until 7...

Edmund - Yeah, we could've done that. The next 4 day weekend is the labour day weekend. Fly back for 4 days to play basketball or baseball!

Edmlee said...

Ha ha, i'll fly back Sept 15th and will be there for 2-3 weeks :)

PS. you can wash and wax my car too while you are at it... lols