I'd like to introduce everyone who reads this blog to YUI. I first heard of her from a recommendation from a friend (Bosco). She's a young Japanese singer and song writer who is quickly becoming more and more popular in and outside of Japan.
According to wikipedia, she first started out by playing and singing three of her songs in an audition hosted by Song Music Japan. All the judges at the audition gave her the highest marks that led to a scramble to get her a contract. A Fuji TV producer was so captivated by her voice, that he even went out of his way to visit the recording studio to see for himself. Two of her songs have been featured in the anime Bleach.
She reminds me of a Japanese version of Michelle Branch and I would highly recommend anyone to listen to her songs. She doesn't have the typical nasal sound like other Japanese singers and the song-tunes are quite nice and catchy. Let me know if you want a 'sample'.
Below is a clip from youtube.com of her singing one of her more popular songs 'Good-bye Days' with clips from a movie starring herself - Midnight Sun (Taiyou no Uta). The movie tells the tale of a young girl named Kaoru Amane who has a rare disease that prohibits her from entering the daylight and can only live at night. Of course, she happens to be a musician and she meets a boy. They fall in love but he doesn't know about her condition until it's too late. The song was written with the main character, Kaoru Amane, in mind.
Friday, December 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Very nice song! Love the "sa-sa-dae" voice. Then again, I haven't heard a Japanese song I don't like yet! I swear, one of these days I'll learn Japanese, such a soothing sounding language.
Huh? Why is my previous comment under "anonymous"??
ha ha, at first thought; i would u were posting a swear blog entry in 'Yiu'!'... lols
Post a Comment