Tuesday, January 09, 2007

iPhone and AppleTV

Steve Jobs today announced two things today - the iPhone and AppleTV. I'm excited about the iPhone 'cause years ago when I had a PDA and phone, I hated having to carry both of the things around. Eventually, my PDA collected dust. Since then PDAs have had phone capabilities added on and phones have had PDA functions added to them, but none of them except the Blackberries merged too well since manufacturers were concentrating on developing either the phone or PDA aspect, not both. I think the iPhone is a legitimate merging of both phone, PDA and media player now and it's something that I wouldn't mind having. Gotta see what the analysts and reviewers think about it though. You can see Steve Job's announcement here and the website for it here. After watching Steve Job's announcement, check out SNL's poke at how Steve Jobs make product announcements. It's so funny...





The AppleTV is something that's pretty cool and all packaged in one unit for a good price. Conceptually, it's not new since I've been thinking about assembling a micro computer and hooking it up to a TV so it can play any DVD as well as downloadable and streamed content. Amazingly, you can order it already at the Apple store to get it delivered in February.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

yeah, I'm pretty excited about that iPhone too, looks so sleek. I haven't been into the iPod stuff nor do I have use for a PDA, but this might just turn me to the "dark" side... muhahaha.

Keith said...

Gotta see what the downsides to this thing are first. I'm sure there are some. Data charges for Internet and email comes to mind...