Gloria and I finally went skiing for the first time this Winter on January 27, 2007. Blue mountain finally had enough snow that it was worth going. We were going to leave at 8, but I slept in and left at about 9:30 instead. We got to Blue Mountain at around 12 and used the tickets I got at IBM (~25% off!) and got us both an afternoon and night ticket. Gloria was finally going to try on her new ski gear that we got back in October at the Ski and Snowboard show at the CNE.
It was such a nice day to ski. It wasn't even cold and there was no wind. By the late afternoon and early evening it started to snow, but without the wind, it made the snowfall very peaceful and calm. At Blue Mountain we bumped into Miles at the lodge and found out from him that Mark, Rebecca and Ricky were there too, so I called Rebecca up, met up with them on the bunny hills and watched them fall on their butts trying to snowboard.
We left them to their own fun and skied some more. Gloria got tired after slowly going down a blue hill with some moguls so she rested at the chalet while I skied my way back to the parking lot where my car was. Without Gloria to hold me back, I zoomed down the hills for about 3 runs. By now, the sun had set and the night skiing lights had turned on, but despite this, the lineups for the lifts were still as long as they were during the day! It took a while for me to get on the lift, even with the singles line.
I eventually got back to my car, packed up my stuff, picked up Gloria and her stuff, and then parked the car again to take a look and walk around the village at Blue Mountain. Blue Mountain essentially copied Whistler and Tremblant with their village, so it was cool to walk around in the snow amongst so many people stay there after a day of skiing.
I still have some tickets from IBM to use, so we'll be going again at some point. With Chinese New Year and other commitments, it might be tough to fit it in over the next 3 weeks. Maybe end of February and beginning of March....
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey, here's the pics bud?
Post a Comment