Bright and early at 7:45am, we were picked up at our hotel to go to a smaller airport to board a plane and fly over a very, very, very big hole in the ground for 1.5 hours. The plane was kinda cramped, but the view was great. We passed by Hoover Dam, Lake Mead and passed over the Grand Canyon to land at an airport. It's pretty amazing how big the Grand Canyon is and how deep it is from the years and years of erosion. After landing, we got on a coach for a bus tour of the South Rim of the canyon. We stopped by 2 vantage points to get a chance to take pictures. You can literally go to the edge of the cliffs and look straight down. Honestly, it didn't look that deep to me, but I bet it would take 10-15 seconds for something to hit the bottom.On the ride back (and even on the plane ride), we noticed some people were sleeping and I thought to myself, why are you on this tour in the first place? If you want to sleep, do it in the hotel! After a lunch buffet (so hungry!), we got on the plane again and flew back to Vegas.

After we got back to the hotel at around 4:30pm, we got ready to go out to meet up with Christine and her family to have dinner at Cheesecake Factory (in the Forums shoppes near Caeser's Palace). For Gloria, the cheesecakes were the best part of dinner.

Cool picture I took on the way back; I think those are fighter planes.
2 comments:
I think you are a spy trying to take spy photo of fighter planes! :P
My cover has been blown...
Post a Comment