Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Skiing

So Gloria and went skiing. It was great weather 'cause it was sunny, but not too cold and most importantly...very little wind! Not too many people were at the place so after flying down the hill, it was like a 10 second wait before getting on the lift back up the mountain. Gloria did great this time through. She went on some green slopes to warm up, thought it was boring (gasp!) and went to blue hills. Blue hills weren't much of a challenge to her, so she went on the black diamonds! Wow...I was impressed. When we started out, she was freaking out on small steep parts. Now she turns and can get down the black diamonds (eventually....).

At one point, she was kinda slow making wide turns on the hill, so I would stay near the top and look at the clouds, look at other people, take a nap, etc. until she got near the bottom. Then I would zoom down the hill and catch up with her. Later in the day, she got so good, that after looking at the sky for a couple seconds, she was almost down the hill. Impressive, eh? =D

We also made sandwiches since food at those ski places are way overpriced. I bought some buns at Longos and 6 slices of Tomato and Basil Turkey. It cost about $8 in total for 2 giant sandwiches. Such a better alternative than pizza or fries and it tasted great. It was my lunch and snack on the drive home.

1 comment:

可可 said...

Wow! Black Diamond? And there I was... still on bunny slopes.